Monday, March 14, 2011

Dog? No thank you.

Last night as I was putting The Girl to bed she started talking about getting a dog. Every once in a while she gets it into her head that we are getting a dog and she begins to mentally prepare. She told me all about how she will not leave toys on the floor after we get the dog because he will eat them. She will tell the dog that he can't eat the cat food or else. She will make sure that The Boy is nice to the dog. These are all good points.

Yeah,  but we're not getting a dog. I'm not opposed to having a canine around in theory. However, I have no desire whatsoever to have a dog and a baby in the house at the same time. Maybe when The Boy is two we can decide if we'll get a dog or not. I'm still in the middle of the potty training around here and I certainly don't want to add potty training an animal to my list of things to do. Right now, I like other people's dogs just fine.

For now The Girl will have to survive on trips to see the dogs at the pet store.

No comments:

Post a Comment