Sunday, February 13, 2011

Where Am I In Life? Check Out The TV

Remember when you were newly engaged and excitedly planning a wedding? I do (no pun intended) and I remember finding myself watching TLC’s “A Wedding Story.”

Fast forward a few years….pregnant and prepping for our first child, I found myself glued to TLC’s “A Baby Story” (as well as “Bringing Home Baby”).

Well, here I am now - married with two kids and a mortgage. So what do I find myself watching at this stage of my life? HGTV of course!

It doesn’t matter what the show is, because I love them all.  Of course, most of the ideas I've seen developed are out of my price range, but that hasn't stopped me from doing what I can.  The wall decor behind our sofa came from an episode of the Nate Berkus show (not that he's on HGTV, but close enough).  I will someday make the upholstered headboard for our bed I've had pictured in my head for a few years now.  Genevieve Gorder (who is a bit too cluttered for my taste) taught me I could take the dust covers off of my books to make for a prettier bookshelf. 

If you had asked me 10 years ago if I thought I could watch HGTV all day long I would have laughed.  I sure could though.

But I digress . . .

Remember when you were in your late teens/early 20’s and shows like “Real World and other dating/reality shows were part of your television lineup?

And I still remember when I watched “Saved By the Bell” and “Full House” and hoped someday to be as rad as DJ Tanner was or as perky and seemingly perfect as Kelly Kopowski. (Let’s not even discuss the fact that I will still try to watch those shows when they are on).

What shows illustrate where you are currently in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment