Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Valentine's Day.


The Girl and her friend Anthony
 So here it is, another Valentine's Day.  Right now there are men swarming the card sections of the local grocery store or Hallmark trying desperately to find a card for their special someone.  Right now there are women at home (or at work) who bought their cards two weeks ago and are currently laughing at the men in the grocery store.

We do celebrate Valentine's Day in our house.  I feel like because it has some historical significance that it is worthy of being celebrated (On the other hand - Sweetest Day is a total crock made up by the greeting card companies)  I got each kiddo a little gift bag and some little goodies at the card store.  I think I will have The Chef pick them up a balloon on the way home.  If you haven't seen The Boy play with a helium balloon you are really missing out.

Yesterday The Girl and I got her Valentine's ready for her classmates.  It was really adorable watching her decide exactly which pencil each child should get and whether they got M&Ms or Skittles.  This will be the first time she exchanges Valentines.  I'm sure she'll love it.


I got a card for The Chef.  We decided to forego separate gifts this year, as the catering world is not exactly off to the races at this time of year.  I think we might be going out for dinner with the early bird crowd.  My mother-in-law has graciously offered to watch the little ones so we can grab dinner at Red Lobster with a gift card we got.  Since The Boy is still nursing, I just feel bad about subjecting her to him at bedtime so we'll have an early dinner and come home.

Oh, and though this is last it is certainly not least. . .

 
Only the happiest of anniversary wishes are being sent to my amazing Mom and Dad.  Today they are celebrating 25 years of marriage.  I am so blessed to have you both in my life.  I am grateful for the relationship we have and for the relationship you have with my children.  I hope today is a wonderful day for you both.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment