Sunday, January 9, 2011

Playoffs? Playoffs? (Day 7)

Yesterday the NFL Playoffs began. It's Wild Card weekend and football fans everywhere are making their predictions and settling down in front of the television. I have to say that the games were surprising. If you had told me on Friday that both the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints would be headed home to watch the rest of the postseason at home I would have laughed. That's the nature of the game though. Sometimes that seemingly obvious outcome is suddenly in question. That team you thought was headed for glory isn't.

I have a vested interest in the games today since for some strange reason I am a Packer fan (or at least I assume that's how some people would put it). Here's the really interesting part - I am the child of a Bears fan and a Vikings fan. I married a Cowboys fan. Clearly we are very confused. Let me tell you, there have been some interesting Sundays both growing up and now as an adult. But hey, at least we all love the game.

The one thing that really stuck out to me yesterday was the heart and soul that the Seahawks brought into their stadium. I mean, how determined was Marshawn Lynch? That was something to see. I haven't seen Matt Hasselbeck play like that in years. I hope if I ever had the chance to do something really important that I could do it that wholeheartedly.

If you're a football fan, best of luck to your teams today (unless you're an Eagles fan, of course). If you're not, you probably stopped reading this a few paragraphs ago. That's ok. I won't hold it against you. Here, look at this completely unrelated photo . . .  


Isn't it cute! It's a kitchen timer The Chef won in a raffle at his company Christmas party. If it oinked when the time expired it would be perfect.

Oh, and Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment