Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Where Does The Time Go?

Okay, so I knew it had been quite a while since I updated the blog. I did not realize I had basically opted out of blogging this summer. Something about a five-year-old, a two-year-old and a crazy busy Chef . . .

Life just up and got in the way. I don't even remember the last time I wrote anything more difficult than a grocery list.

Here's a short update if you're feeling left out and ignored:

1) The Boy turned two. Boy did he turn two. He's going to give me a run for my money. The Girl was practically a saint when she was two. I guess I'm paying for that now.

2) The Girl starts kindergarten next week. It's an all day program too. I am still not sure how I feel about that. She seems fine with it so far.

3) The Chef is all kinds of busy with work. A local corporation is on strike and the catering going in and out of that place has him working at least 50 hours a week. May through July he was averaging almost 70 hours a week. He's usually gone before the kids get up and home right before or sometime after the kids go to bed.

4) I have to hand it to all single parents. Due to the aforementioned circumstance I've been on my own with the kids for the majority of the summer. It's hard. Crazy hard. But, I try to remind myself there are huge numbers of husbands out there who would give anything for a decent job. At least we've got income.

5) Again, due to the aforementioned circumstances I have found myself indulging in a glass or two of wine many nights after the kids are in bed. I have now branched out from my usual Riesling to . . . .  wait for it . . . .



red wine.


Yeah, you read that right. I've been enjoying a few Cabernet Sauvignon(s) these days. So I put ice in it, which is apparently a HUGE sin, but I'm drinking it aren't I. One step at a time people.


So anyway, I have a few more things I'd like to share but I will save those for next time.

I hope you've had a lovely summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment