Saturday, June 25, 2011

Grateful For a Change

It's so easy to get caught up in complaining. It's easy to  find the bad in a situation or a person. It's easy to find things we're not happy with, or that annoy/irritate the tar out of us..


How often do we really stop to find something that we're grateful for? I don't mean the "yeah, I'm grateful for my house and kids". I'm talking about sitting down at the end of the week and finding something that we're REALLY grateful for.  Maybe it's the corkscrew that opened the bottle of wine that helped avoid a breakdown, or the phone which gave you contact with your friend who lives 5 hours away...or maybe it's the rain that stopped us from having to water the flowers with the kids in tow..
Whatever it is, no matter how silly, let's start thinking about it..


Every Saturday from here on out, I'm going to look back on my week and tell you what I was truly most grateful for. I will narrow it down to one thing.. and only one!


When we stop to take time to be grateful, to notice the small things, amazing things can happen. The way that we view our life starts to change.


This week was easy..


I am grateful that The Chef has a job. He may not like it (or at least parts of it), but at least he has one. Every day I hear about someone else who lost their job or had to take on a low paying part-time job to pay the bills. I've watched family members struggle with long-term layoffs and unemployment restrictions. We may not be financially worry free, but we have an income coming in and it keeps food on the table and a roof over our heads.
What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment