Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Girl is Four!

Four years ago today at 5:39pm a little girl was born. She was born healthy with a full head of black hair. We had two names picked out, as we had not wanted to know if the baby would be a boy or girl. I remember so clearly the first time I held her. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

We took her home and got to know her. She had a hard time for the first four months with colic and we did our best to make her smile. As she grew we began to notice her outgoing, talkative personality. She could and would talk to anyone about anything. She loved music and we did our best to find popular songs for her to enjoy. Metro Station's "Shake It" was probably her first favorite song. The Girl loves to dance. I remember her at my brother Mike's wedding - I can honestly say she danced to every single song they played.

I had heard about the terrible twos, but The Girl breezed right through those. She has always been a great sleeper and up until a few weeks ago took a nap every day (yes I know how lucky I am). She is bright and has a fantastic memory, often mentioning things from the past that we had forgotten about.

When I drop her off at preschool she always gives her friends these giant hugs and tells them she missed them. Every once in a while the hug is so massive she and her friend topple to the ground.

There are so many memories I could write about, so many times she said something funny or did something memorable. Anyone who knows her can attest to that. And while three was a rough age for us, we are looking forward to continuing to watch her grow.

Just last night as I tucked her into bed I told her that I loved her. She looked at me and said "I love you too Mama, you're the best Mama ever." It's moments like that when I am so glad to have been blessed with the wonderful little girl I've had the honor of raising these past few years.

Happy Birthday to my dear, sweet Talia Kathryn. As Dada says - Don't grow up too fast!

1 comment:

  1. Freudian slip there - The Girl was born at 10:29, The Boy was born at 5:39. My bad :)

    ReplyDelete