Saturday, March 26, 2011

Here I Am

Busy day today. The Girl and I went to the Play Dough Fun thing at the library this morning and grabbed a snack in the cafe. I had gotten The Boy down to sleep before I left, so we had some much needed Mom & Daughter time. I can't remember the last time I left the house without The Boy. Seriously cannot remember.  The Girl has been wanting to have a snack in the cafe for the longest time, so I was glad to oblige. As an added bonus, the bran muffin I bought was so gigantic I brought half of it home for The Boy (who promptly went crazy for it).

Anyway, we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some fruit. Pears, blueberries, apples, bananas and strawberries made the cut today. Boy am I glad strawberries are in season again (well, sort of anyway). The Girl loves them and they're just so darn expensive most of the year. We bought 2 containers for less than what one would cost off season.

When we got home I used a recipe I found at Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen to start some strawberry fruit leather.  http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/  The only thing I changed was adding less sugar. 1/4 cup seemed like an awful lot, so I used half that much.

The Girl loves her some fruit strips and I wanted to show her how they are made. It is ridiculously easy (provided you have no intentions of using the oven for the rest of the day - which I don't).

I meant to take a photo during the process, but my mom brain forgot that part. So here is a photo of it in the oven instead.  The color is just to die for and the whole house smells like strawberries. I think I'm in heaven. Strawberry scented heaven.



So that's what I've been up to today and the reason this entry is late. I hope your Saturday is being kind to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment