Sunday, February 6, 2011

Go Pack Go!

Later today many of us will gather around the television set to watch the Super Bowl. Some of us love this event because of the snacks involved, some people want to see the latest commercials and some of us are suckers for the half-time show. Then there are those who will actually watch and care about the game. But don’t make assumptions about who falls into which category based on gender! Gone are the days when women couldn't tell their quarterback from their running back.  According to the NFL website, 34 percent of those viewing football games are women.  Not bad!

I am especially interested in today's game since I am a Packers fan.  A few years back, right about the time Brett Favre retired (well, the first time anyway!) I was trying to mentally prepare myself for a few years of mediocre football while the Packers recovered from losing their future hall of fame quarterback.  Little did I know that Aaron Rodgers, the guy I occasionally saw on the sidelines, would come out of the shadows as one of the best quarterbacks in the league.  I imagine the Packers aren't the only team to ever transition so seamlessly, but I would hazard a guess that there aren't many others.

To be fair, I have no hatred for the Steelers.  In fact, I think Troy Polamalu is one of the most spectacular safeties to ever play the game.  I am crossing my fingers and hoping today is an off day for him though.

Today I will be cheering mightily for my Packers.  I'm hoping for great play from Driver, Rodgers, Crosby, Collins, Hawk, Woodson, Matthews and all the other guys that make up the Green & Gold. 

                                                                                                         

I will also be trying to stifle feelings of jealousy since I've learned my cousin Lukas is actually going to be at the game today.  (Insert sad puppy dog eyes here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment