Monday, February 7, 2011

Favorite Songs

Music is one of those things that has always been a part of my life.  I never learned to play an instrument, but I do really enjoy singing.  I've done a few weddings for family and friends and would love to do more. 

The music I listen to is somewhat eclectic.  I learned to love artists like Dan Fogelberg and Gordon Lightfoot as a child when my father would play them.  I enjoy country, pop, R&B and other styles.  When certain songs come on the radio I have been known to exclaim that "This song is one of my all-time favorites."  I decided to officially make a list of those songs.  There are always songs and artists that I enjoy but don't necessarily consider all-time favorites.  Also, I generally have a short list of recent songs I enjoy, but most of those won't make the all-time favorite list either.

So without further ado, my all-time favorite songs in no particular order . . .

1.   Into The Mystic - Van Morrison
2.   The Pretender - Jackson Browne
3.   I Don't Know Why - Shawn Colvin
4.   Help Me Make It Through The Night - Kris Kristofferson (Martina McBride's version)
5.   Dreams - Kenny Chesney
6.   Round Here - Counting Crows
7.   Innocent Age - Dan Fogelberg
8.   Big Time - Big & Rich
9.   Kissing A Fool - George Michael
10. You & I - Jason Mraz
11. Ordinary People - John Legend
12.  Bourbon Street - Sting
13. These Are The Days  - 10,000 Maniacs
14.  The Dance - Garth Brooks
15.  Us & Them - Pink Floyd  

Is there a song or a list of songs you consider all-time favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know the order, but definitely Peter Gabriels In your eyes is on the list, and Wonder by Natalie Merchant. Not sure about the rest.

    ReplyDelete