Wednesday, March 14, 2012

To Pinterest Or Not To Pinterest?

Pinterest.


Everyone is talking about it.



At least it seems like everyone is talking about it. I see the posts all over Facebook on a daily basis. I hear the reports from friends about how addicting it is.

So far I have avoided pinterest. I keep asking myself, do I really need one more internet time suck? Do I? I mean, I have a friend who sets a timer so she won't find herself still sitting at the computer three hours later 'pinning' things she'll probably never actually do. Do I need that kind of pressure?

Plus, I am just about the least crafty person I know, so maybe pinterest just isn't for me. I mean, I'm not going to start making cake pops or elaborate wall hangings from reclaimed wood any time soon. Do I need yet another reminder that I don't scrapbook, sew, knit, or decoupage? Or maybe a reminder that I am not a professional chef, photographer or artist?

Probably not.

I'm also hearing a lot of negative reports suggesting that Pinterest is the new Napster - a place where people take another's idea and run with it. I've heard there is a lot of legal hubub concerning copywrights and such.

What do you think? Do I take the leap?





No comments:

Post a Comment