Saturday, August 13, 2011

What Am I Grateful For This Week?

This week I am grateful that football is back on tv. Sure, it's just preseason but it's still football. And, my Packers will be on tonight so there's an added bonus!

I am one of those girls who loves football. I take part in a football pick 'em league and a strip card at The Chef's work. Once I even took first place in an online fantasy football league. It amuses me to type that since I spent most of my childhood  groaning about whichever game was on the tv that particular Sunday. I'm sure it amuses my parents to no end to see that I finally came around.

I was a little worried during the offseason that maybe the league wouldn't reach a deal. I figured they'd do just about anything to avoid having the same kinds of repercussions that the MLB suffered after their strike. I'm not sure what I would have done without my football fix. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that anymore.

So Go Pack Go! Wouldn't it be grand if they make it to the Superbowl two years in a row! A girl can dream . . .

And P.S.  - If you're ever invited to the White House to meet the President don't forget your ID. Desmond Bishop (of the Packers) missed his chance to meet the President because he hadn't brought any ID with him and therefore could not get through security. Not the brightest move.

No comments:

Post a Comment