Saturday, July 2, 2011

What Am I Grateful For This Week??

This was an interesting week due to The Girl having a stubborn streak at least as long as mine. Maybe longer. Plus, The Boy is working on two molars at once. The poor thing was a wreck yesterday.

So what am I grateful for this week?

Infant Tylenol?  Nap time? Better yet, bedtime?

Nope.

I am grateful for healthy children.

We all know someone who has lost a child or maybe we ourselves suffered a miscarriage, stillbirth or illness that took our precious child from us. We probably all know someone who has a child with a serious medical issue. It's been said a million times that we take our health for granted until it's gone. I think those of us with healthy children can get so caught up in the day to day struggles of parenting that we forget that there are more than a few mothers out there who would give anything for just one more day with their beautiful child, even if they misbehaved the whole time.

We probably all know someone who had difficulty getting pregnant to begin with. Someone whose entire heart yearned to hold a baby in their arms. Maybe that someone is holding that baby right now. Maybe they're still yearning.

So this week, I am grateful that my children are here and they are healthy. I often wonder how my life would have been different had we not suffered a miscarriage years ago. But today, I know that I have the children I was meant to have. And having gone through that process, it makes my children just that much more precious.

I love you both - most!

The Boy





















The Girl
And if you're reading this Melissa, I am so very happy for you and Scott. I can only imagine how absolutely thrilled you must be to know that you going to be joining the ranks of parents. Much love to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment