Thursday, June 9, 2011

Poor Kitty

Early this morning I dropped Holly, our medium-hair cat, off at the vet for grooming. She is a very sweet creature, but the fur is just too much sometimes. In retrospect, had I known she would have so much fur I would probably have selected a different kitten. Then again, she really is a great cat. She's friendly, cuddly and patient with the kids.




Holly hanging out in The Boy's crib a few months ago

She'll be getting the lion cut today. Since she's a golden/orange color she really does look like a lion. They leave the fur at the tip of her tail and around her neck. Goodness knows I'm sure she'll be much happier this summer without all that fur. We do our best to keep up with brushing her, but with two kids and a house to take care of she gets pushed to the back burner more often than she should. Last summer we managed to do a good job keeping her from getting matted. This summer, not so much.

The Chef was kind enough to delay leaving for work so I could take her in first thing this morning. That means I got to leave the kids in their beds and I'll only have to take them with me when we pick her up. I did manage to take both of them with me when I took Holly in for her shots last week though. It was a little tricky, but we figured it out.

As an added bonus, the rain was taking a break when I headed out. It rained like crazy all night and started pouring again shortly after I got home. It's been a strange week for weather around here. It's been in the upper 90s all week and today it's only supposed to be 65.

So that's what I'm up to today.

And please let me know what you think of the new blog design - I'm interested to see what everyone thinks. I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment