Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Did that car come with a turn signal?

When did use of a turn signal become optional?

I drove across town twice today because I asked my mom and dad if they could watch the kids so I could get some yard work done I had been putting off. Because of the construction on the highway between our houses I was forced to make the entire drive through town. While it took a bit longer, I did enjoy seeing some parts of town that I haven't seen in a while.

The part I didn't enjoy were the other drivers. I know it's been a while since I got my license, but I seem to remember part of drivers ed had something to do with using a turn signal. My brain is a little foggy now, but I'm fairly certain you are supposed to use a turn signal before turning or changing lanes.

They must have changed that rule since then. It's the only way I can explain why so many people never use theirs.

I mean, that has to be it - right?


No, you say. You say people are still supposed to use them? Hmmm. Someone should tell them that.

Especially people who have no brake lights and are turning left on a two lane road. Yeesh.

On a completely unrelated note, it is The Chef and my 9th wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment