Saturday, May 28, 2011

It's The Boy's Big Day!

Today is The Boy's birthday party. I spent all day yesterday (literally) getting ready. I started around 8 and didn't stop until after 11. A big thank you to my mother-in-law for coming over to give me a hand with the kids and some of the food prep yesterday afternoon. That stuff alone would have taken me most of the day on my own. It's amazing how much you can get done if you aren't constantly stopping to take care of the kids. I managed to mow the lawn, weed whack, plant some flowers, make a few grocery trips, water the plants, replant a hanging thing that broke, visit the hardware store, make two pasta salads, cut veggies and cheese for appetizers, sweep the floors, clean the toy room, finish the laundry, clean the garage, kill a few weeds and a few more things I probably can't remember.

The Chef is getting busier and busier at work since the catering season is getting into full swing. Of course, that meant he left for work yesterday before I woke up and didn't get home until almost 9pm last night. That makes the help I got was even more helpful, since I would have been doing it all on my own otherwise.

I'm hoping it goes well. The weather people predicted on and off thunderstorms. I'm hoping for off. Then again, when I checked the forecast yesterday the temperature was going to be between 60 and 78 degrees and either rain in the morning, afternoon, or evening - all depending on what channel you watch. So maybe they just don't know what they're talking about anyway,

I hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and take a moment to remember those that have served and those that still are. If you know a veteran, take a second to say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment