Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 3


Day 3
Originally uploaded by TenCoffeeDay
Today marks the official end of Christmas for me. Last night the tree came down and the remaining decorations scattered around the house found their way down to the basement. Soon they will endure months upon months spent inside Rubbermade bins. I always find it interesting that I am nearly as excited taking everything down as I was while putting it all up. I love Christmas decorations, I love the festive mood that overtakes me when I roll up my sleeves to unroll the lights (even though I despise lighting the tree). I even love the flameless tealights I've been forced into since The Boy and The Girl first appeared in our home. Strangely enough, I also love the feeling of undoing all that hard work, of reclaiming my home from the pine boughs, ornaments and trees. A small part of me realizes that the house now looks a litle forlorn, a little lonely when it isn't draped in Christmas. The rest of me jumps for joy that the season has passed and life has gotten back to normal.

This seems like the perfect place for a picture of a tree lying curbside, but I am too late. Garbage day has passed and our neighbor's real trees have gone on to become fertilizer (or whatever old Christmas trees become). Besides, my tree has taken up residence in a cardboard box in the attic. No one wants a picture of that.

Have you de-Christmased your house yet? Is that even a word? Either way, doesn't it feel nice! Goodbye Christmas, hello 2011. It's nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment